Sunday, June 14, 2015

Our puppies have arrived!!!

Friday June 12th, 2015 Pinkerton gave birth to 5 beautiful puppies!

We here at Taylormade Kennels are so excited to introduce our new litter. We have 3 females and 2 males.
It's always fun and special to share the birth story (I know I always love birth stories!) So if you don't mind some blood scenes feel free to read and and look BELOW:


Friday morning I could tell our dog was getting serious about having her puppies. After we worked so hard to lovingly prepare her puppy delivery room in our bathroom, she picked her own location in our front yard bushes. She even took two of our toys and began mothering them. After she starting trying to uproot one of our bushes I decided to move her back in the house for monitoring. 
She wasn't happy in her whelping box until I added tons of blankets and towels. She also preferred to have someone with her, especially me, at all times.
Myself petting Pinkerton as she was getting ready to deliver the first pup

Her last labor was about 9 hours and it was 9am so I calculated the pups would be born about 6pm. I was a few hours off. The first puppy, a female cream colored with a little white blaze on her head, was born at 3:50pm


Watching her was so beautiful and intense I cried! This was such an amazing thing to watch.
Our kids were so amazed to be apart of this and took turns quietly coming in to witness the gift of life.




The 2nd and 3rd puppies were each born and hour apart. They were both males one cream and one buff. It's hard to tell color in this picture because they were all still wet.

The 4th and 5th puppies came 20 minutes apart and were 2 buff females! 
Pinkerton is a fabulous mother and did a wonderful job. Everyone is healthy and comfortable now.
Pinkerton resting with her new family

If you are interested in a puppy or have any questions call or text me at 208-447-8227

No comments:

Post a Comment